For More Information Contact:
Jeff Nedelman, 703.628.6011
Strategic Communications LLC.
FIVE TIPS FOR A HEALTHY, HYDRATED SUMMER
Get All the Minerals and Electrolytes You Need With All Natural, Zero Calorie, ALKEMY™ Water
FAIRFIELD, CA. . May 21, 2015. The calendar says June 21 is the beginning of summer, but for most Americans the summer season begins Memorial Day weekend, when swimming pools open their doors. It’s time to jump in and enjoy.
Coreyann Poly, PhD, MEd, RDN, LDN, CDE, of the Dietitians of New England, tells us, “Summer time is the best time to get outside, be active and get fit, but don’t forget to hydrate. Our body needs water to function properly. Not drinking enough especially when you sweat can lead to dehydration, Dehydration occurs when you lose more fluid then you take in and the body doesn’t have enough water and salts to carry out normal body function. Signs and symptoms of dehydration range from mild to severe and include increased thirst, weakness, dizziness, confusion, heart palpitations and fainting. Even mild dehydration can drain your energy and make you tired. I always tell my patients to, ‘drink plenty of fluids’ and during the summer months drink even more.’” Enjoy your summer and stay Hydrated!
Five Tips You Must Know to Stay Hydrated
- Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day
- Drink before, during and after exercise
- Drink even more if you are outside during hot and humid weather
- Drink a sports beverage, like Alkemy Water, which is a simple formula of purified water with added minerals and electrolytes in a patented process that provides the best hydrating water available! It is an all-natural, zero-calorie, zero sweetener water beverage. Avoid beverages with artificial colors, added sugars and too much salt. For more information: http://www.nutraproductsinc.com/learn/frequently-asked-questions-alkemy-water/
- If you drink enough fluid so that you rarely feel thirsty and your urine is colorless or light yellow your fluid intake is probably adequate.
Nutra Products, Inc. (NPI) is a science-based marketing company located in northern California that is focused on developing innovative and clinically tested health products. NPI has been providing unique quality based ingredients for the dietary supplement industry since 2002. The team at NPI has over 40 years of combined experience in the food and Nutraceutical arenas.
These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.